Small business owners play many roles and finishing everything daily can seem like a daunting task. So here are a few tips to manage time more efficiently:
2. Prioritize: After planning the next day’s to-do list, number the items. Give top status to the most pressing tasks, and second-tier status to tasks that could wait for another day.
3. Apportion time realistically: Block out a reasonable amount of time for each project. You’ll avoid frustration if you assume that tasks will take longer to accomplish than they should.
4. Avoid over-scheduling: Leave some wiggle-room between tasks. That way, when the inevitable emergency arises, you won’t feel stressed by the pile-up of activities on your list.
5. Don’t multi-task: Contrary to popular belief, multitasking is not a time-saver. People function best when they their full attention to one task at a time.
6. Avoid interruption: Work with only one thing on your desk, in order to avoid distraction. Resist the temptation to check your email before a task is completed.
7. Implement technology: Use technology to your advantage. As you recognize or remember new tasks, mark them in your phone, Blackberry, or computer desktop’s calendar. Use automated reminders to alert you about meetings or scheduled phone calls.
Read more… allbizopps