Even the simplest of tasks can help that you produce quality work with less effort. Here are a few tips to help with workplace efficiency:
- Try phasing out the use of ‘snail mail’ in your organisation wherever possible. As a method of communication it is highly inefficient and in many situations is no longer needed because of email.
- Get a calendar to use purely for keeping track of your business activities. This helps separate your personal and working life plus it avoids confusion.
- Have a giant clearout of everything that you are unlikely to need in the future. Do this instead of buying extra storage and taking up more space in your office.
- Improve your timekeeping by examining your daily schedule closely and looking for ways that you would be able to cut down on unneeded activities.
- Store documents on your computer or online rather than keeping physical copies. This will allow you to dispose of mountains of paper and search quickly for documents.